About US Family Health Plan Alliance
The five US Family Health Plans are among the health care choices for eligible beneficiaries under the Department of Defense’s TRICARE Prime program. Health care is provided to active duty family members, activated National Guard and Reserve family members, and retirees and their family members. Care is provided through five large, regional civilian health care networks of primary care physicians, hospitals, and affiliated specialists. Patients choose a primary care physician who provides and coordinates care and referrals to specialists and hospitals.
The five US Family Health Plans and their service areas are:
- US Family Health Plan of Southern New England (Brighton Marine)—Serving Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and parts of Northern Connecticut.
- Christus Health—Serving Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana;
- Martin’s Point Health Care—Serving Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and parts of New York state;
- Pacific Medical Center—Serving Western Washington, most of Central and Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho, Western Oregon, and most of California.
- St. Vincent Catholic Medical Centers—Serving parts of New York (including New York City), all of New Jersey, Southeast Pennsylvania, and Western Connecticut.
The US Family Health Plans offer an outstanding program of health care and wellness management built on a foundation of leading-edge health care techniques, wellness (rather than disease) management, an understanding of what it means to be a member of the military family, and unsurpassed commitment to our members. This commitment is displayed every day through our high-quality service and strong physician-patient relationships. The result: exceptional member satisfaction – the best in all of TRICARE.
The Mission of US Family Health Plan
- To provide the highest quality health care for uniformed services family members, retirees, and their family members;
- To have well cared for and extremely satisfied members;
- To demonstrate quality, value, and operational effectiveness to a growing enrollee population; and
- To continue as an integral and respected health care partner in the Military Health System of the Department of Defense.
About the US Family Health Plan Alliance
The US Family Health Plan Alliance, based in Washington, D.C., is the association that represents the collective interests of the Plans, including before Congress and the Department of Defense. Each member of the Alliance is a non-profit organization that provides care to TRICARE Prime beneficiaries and is, by law, a designated provider of the US Family Health Plan program. The Alliance’s members are US Family Health Plan of Southern New England, Christus Health, Martin’s Point Health Care, Pacific Medical Center, and St. Vincent Catholic Medical Centers.