US Family Health Plans
The six US Family Health Plans are among the health care choices for eligible beneficiaries under the Department of Defense’s TRICARE Prime program. Health care is provided to active duty family members, activated National Guard and Reserve family members, and retirees and their family members, including certain “grandfathered” beneficiaries who are age 65 and older. Care is provided through large local civilian health care networks of primary care physicians, hospitals and affiliated specialists. Patients choose a primary care physician who provides and coordinates care and referrals to specialists and hospitals.
The US Family Health Plans offer an outstanding program of healthcare and wellness management built on a foundation of leading edge healthcare techniques, wellness rather than disease management, an understanding of what it means to be a member of the military family, and unsurpassed commitment to our members. This commitment is displayed every day through our high-quality service and strong physician-patient relationships. The result: exceptional member satisfaction—the best in all of TRICARE.
The six US Family Health Plans and their service areas are:
- Brighton Marine Health Center—serving Massachusetts, including Cape Cod, as well as Rhode Island and parts of Northern Connecticut;
- Christus Health—serving Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana;
- Johns Hopkins Medicine—Serving Maryland, Washington, DC, Delaware, and parts of Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania;
- Martin’s Point Health Care—Serving Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and parts of New York state;
- Pacific Medical Center—Serving the Puget Sound area of Washington state;
- St. Vincent Catholic Medical Centers—Serving parts of New York (including New York City), all of New Jersey, Southeast Pennsylvania, and Western Connecticut.
US Family Health Plan Alliance
The US Family Health Plan Alliance is the association that represents the collective interests of the Plans in dealings with Congress, the Department of Defense, and private sector concerns. Each member of the Alliance is a non-profit organization that provides care to TRICARE Prime beneficiaries and is, by law, a designated provider of the US Family Health Plan program.